We listen impatiently. Squirming with anticipation. The thud. The dull sound that catapults the light toward heaven, with tail streaming long toward earth. Eyes now searching the sky in wonder. The moment of darkness right before the burst. Then in happens. The sky bursts wide open in a roar of thunder. Red. white blue. They dance across midnight. Soar across heavens. Slowly falling into earth.
This is freedom. Real soul freedom. The freedom found only in the trusting, in the letting go, falling straight into our Savior’s arms. The freedom found only in the grasp of God.
Standing on the edge, toes grip tight as I wait for the thud. Eyes fixed and focused. I am ready. My eyes close. I feel the anticipation. I hear it in each heart beat. Just let go… And I do. And I am soaring. And I am falling. And it’s freedom.
He holds me right there in His grasp.
For where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
II Corinthians 3:17
By His grace alone,
This post is linked to the color your world challenge. If you would like to join in click the photo below…
are you ready to join in the color challenge?
1. July’s colors a red, white and blue! (other linky dates and colors)
2. take red, white, blue… interpret it how you want using whatever medium you want.
3. write a blog post about it.
4. grab the ‘color your world’ button to display on your blog or link back to the linky.
5. link up your blog post (not your blog). link will stay open through sunday, july 8th at 11:59 pm cst.
‘color your world’ is a monthly linky hosted by…
jennifer @ studio jru
jen @ i believe in love
stephanie @ beyond words designs